Well, I sorta have a plan. Is just get out there and do it, a plan? You know I'm the girl with all the excuses so you'll have to keep me from doing that too much. As of yesterday, I've been forbidden to even shop for treadmills and/or running clothes. I guess that means Santa may be involved.
I'm jealous because Fred has been able to run everyday this week. I so wish he and I could run together. Did I tell you that Fred ran the Army 10 miler every year he was in college (92-96). He can teach me quite a bit and I'm willing to learn. I'm also planning on asking my sister in law, Cathy if she wants to run with me. She recently finished a 10K sponsored by the Marine Corp in Washington DC. I'm going to call her today to see what she thinks of the idea.
So why am I dragging my feet? I'm sure it's the clothes. I know, I know, it sounds so childish. I really have nothing to wear in this frigid Colorado weather and we're under another winter storm warning today. Fred tells me to just wear sweat pants but, V, I'm sure you will understand the caliber of wives I'm competing with on the trails here. I just can't look too much like a rookie. Everyone is dressed when they run in the most expensive running gear and they're always pushing their $600 REI Chariot jogging strollers. I have no idea why this bothers me. (V, do you have the link for that racing stroller you told me about? Maybe we could add that to the side bar).
So anyway, no I'm probably not going to run today. Today, I will be taking Vincent to the doctor to have his tonsils checked out. We noticed over the weekend that they were swollen so much they are almost blocking his airway. Probably why he snores so much. Why he won't eat. Why he's so small. Hopefully, our doctor will just say they need to come out. And tomorrow both the big boys have dentist appointments. And on Wednesday, my soldier, is going pheasant hunting.
I will make time for this. That's my plan!
(p.s. I added the site meter to the side bar. You can click on the numbers and it will take you to the site meter page. Site meter will tell you who's on, who's been on, where they are from, where they came from...etc. If you'd like to change the way it looks, just let me know and I'll email you the password.)
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Angie,
I went to Runner's World site and used the Smart Coach with these numbers:
9 minute for 1 mile
distance goal 10 miles
current training 6-10 miles per week.
Moderate intensity
long run on Sunday
16 week plan
You will be very pleased to see the results. For the first week you run 3 times for 2 miles each time at a 12:26 pace. You can do this.
You must get some cute running clothes. If you feel good you will not only get out there and do it, but you will try harder.
The stroller is Kool Stride with 16inch wheels.
I hope all is well with Vincent. Tanner also has bog tonsils and snores. So far, we don't have any issues except some allergies. Keep us "posted."
Post a Comment