I did run today and I ran yesterday as well. I knew that I was feeling the blahs, so I needed to run more than ever. I ran a slow 5 and then went to the commissary. That was a good choice, because otherwise I would have bought nothing but comfort food.
Today I did 5 miles of intervals. Warm up for 1/2 mile and then sprint for 1/4 mile and recover for a 1/4 mile. My last interval was at a 6 minute pace. Not bad. I also got a great lift in before I had to get ready for the boss' Christmas Party.
I realized yesterday that I have exactly 12 weeks before the Paris Half Marathon. That is pretty motivating to train. I really want to do well in this race and I am going to have to work hard to do that.
Beth, I sure wish I had some of your weather so I didn't have to train on the treadmill. Christy are you well enough to start running again? Angie, thanks for the help with the links. Have you got a plan yet? Need help? Find a new outfit yet? By the way, I totally understand that philosophy. I was thrilled to find a new sports bra in our own PX last week (bright pink with funky swirls).
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was supposed to be 80 degrees in Louisiana yesterday! I have gotten used to the warm weather and humidity--Colorado about killed me. Someone told me if you can run in Louisiana, you can run anywhere. But I also know of a woman who has done multiple Iron Man Marathons and she couldn't finish one in Minnesota because the temps were in the 50s and she got hypothermic.
That's my biggest challenge right now--figuring out how to dress for various weather conditions, and judging how much warmth I'll need for the workout. My face got frostnip a couple weeks ago because it was 29 degrees and windy, and I didn't think about covering my face. A work in progress....
Post a Comment