Happy Weekend! P left again for a TDY trip, his 3rd this month. The weather is cold and grey, the house is a mess and we have no food. Needless to say, I don't want to run. I am struggling to come up with a weekly training plan. My goal today is to sit down with the various fitness magazines I bought this month and decide on something.
I really enjoyed the spin class this past week. It was hard, but I was able to keep up and it challenges me in a different way. I think my goal mileage is 20-25 per week. The problem is figuring out how to do those miles. I like to run fast. Running is not so boring if I run fast. I also enjoy intervals, but these things wear down the body too much if you do it too often. The long run is important, but it is so boring for me. I would pay someone to run with me on long days, just so I could have someone to talk to. Training for the marathons almost killed me, not because the training was difficult, but because I spent too many hours alone running. A person could loose their mind with that much time to think.
Clearly, the winter blahs are here. That usually means that I should make running today a priority. I did manage to do some work on the blog. What other info do you guys want on here? I thought I would look for some articles on training, shoes, injuries, etc. Your thought? V
Sunday, December 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey V,
I am fairly certain that the link to One More Mile is wrong. It goes to some sort of odd band. I think that you meant www.onemoremile.net instead.
I fixed the link for you. Thanks for the heads up, Christy!
I'm also not going to change the template. I have to switch back to classic blogger and then you'd have to add all links and pictures using html coding. So, too much work. This template is starting to grow on me. It there a way to change the colors? Maybe red, white and blue or black and gold (for the army). Just a thought.
Gotta go, the baby is playing with the bubble wrap. I think that's a choking hazzard!
Post a Comment