Thursday, December 21, 2006

I did run today. I ran 8 miles at 8:27 pace. Exactly what my new plan required. I so love to follow the rules. I am a bit concerned. At mile 6, I felt shin splints. I haven't fought them in a long while. I will ice tonight, at least my miles are finished for the week. I like my new plan. I actually have 3 versions of my new plan. One is to run a 1:40 in Paris, the next one is a 1:37:30 and the last one is 1:35. I realize this is ridiculous, but I want to place in the top 100 women. A 1:40 should do that. A 1:35 will make me competitive for the top 50. Can you believe that last year 50 women came in within 5 minutes?

E, I know what you mean about vacation and training. We leave on Tuesday and I always struggle with this. I want to take advantage of the vacation and rest, but I hate to "come back." I would rather maintain something to avoid that first run after a break. The weather in Spain should be pretty good and I did find a few hotels with gyms. I always hesitate to take off on an outside run in another country without P and these days, he does not do the distance or the pace that I do.

I love that Bobbi and Angie posted in a different color. What a great idea. Bobbi and I were discussing the blog today and agreed that we need to post a song list. I added "Kerosene" on the advise of E. Not only do I love it, I think about her every time I hear it. I will look for her latest recommendation. Does everyone do Itunes?

Angie, thanks for the update on the blizzard. I have friends closer to Denver that got hit pretty hard. Our doctor said the same thing about Tanner's tonsils. They don't seem to bother him, just Ian when they share a hotel room. Ha!

Here is some info on heart rates and running:
http://www.coachr.org/heart_rate_training_for_improved.htm
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267--1039-0,00.html

No comments: