Merry Christmas Eve!
I did run today and I am very excited about it. I did speed work according to my plan. It is really Monday's workout, but I am not running tomorrow and then we go on vacation, so I thought I would do the hard run.
Mile 1: 8:27
Mile 2: 6:58
Mile 3: 6:48
Mile 4: 6:39
Mile 5: 8:27
I am not fit to live with! I was a bit worried that I would not be able to do this particular plan because of the speed. I am thrilled that I got through this today. Now, I have more confidence and instead of looking ahead, I am just going to focus on one work out at a time and today I am done. I also had a great lift. I did shoulders, legs, and abs.
Time to bake cookies with T for Santa.
For all of you with kids, here is the link to NORAD who tracks the progress of Santa as he makes his way across the world. http://www.noradsanta.org/en/default.php As I type, he has made it to China.
Sunday, December 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, I'm glad you could fit in your run today! And impressive times too. I'm still pretty sore from my first day out. We walked around the mall and I went to the commissary yesterday so I'm calling that my 30 minute easy walk for the day. My plan tells me to run again today but I'm not sure my legs can take it. Maybe I'll walk my route today. It's going to be another beautiful Colorado sunny day.
We watched a show yesterday afternoon about how they track Santa from Cheyenne Mountian. T would have love it! The history is that every year some puts together a recorded message for children to call and "talk" to Santa. In 2003, someone accidently gave out the wrong number and it just happened to be NORAD. My boys watched the entire show in silence. They even showed theories on how Santa can get to everyone's house on Christmas EVE and how He knows if you've been naughty or nice. Funny, eh?
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas this year!
Ang,
Listen to your body and take your time. At the same time, an easy run will push the lactic acid through your muscles and you won't be as sore. Soreness is growth!
If you check out the link I left, it tells you all that plus they do a "live" video update on his whereabouts as he travels around the world. Just continue to refresh the page every so often to see the progress. We have been checking in with NORAD since we were in CO. Tanner has had this as a part of his Christmas tradition since he was born. They do a very good job.
Wow! Your slow times are faster than my fastest! Even when I ran track, the fastest I ever ran a mile was 6:45, and that was just one mile, not 5! Way to go!
I really wanted to run today, but there was just too much to do. I won't complain--just let me say we're staying home for Christmas next year. I won't have easy access for the next week--hopefully I can maintain my motivation by thinking of you all!
Post a Comment