Saturday, December 23, 2006

I was surfing around the Internet tonight (instead of running) and I found this quote on another blog. Thought it might be inspiring...

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.

It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.

Every morning a lion wakes up.

It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.

It does not matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle.

When the sun comes up, you better start running.

1 comment:

Vianne said...

I like this one. Good motivation. I was reading an article in a fitness magazine this morning about an athlete. She said that she gets motivated when she realizes that there is always someone else out there who managed to get to the gym even though they didn't feel like it. That's why people nod at each other when they are at the gym or when they pass another runner. They are acknowledging what it took for you to make the effort for this run. So, today at the gym I tried to make eye contact and nod/smile more at people. After all, it is Christmas.