Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I did run today. I did the 4 miles required of my new plan. That's right, I found a plan. My new friend, Shelley (you guys will meet her soon) suggested that I go to Runner's World site and check out their new tool the "Smart Coach." This feature is too cool. You just fill in the field with the time you would like to train for, the distance of the run, your desired work effort and so forth and it creates not only a distance plan, but it also tells you the pace to run those miles. It also has a feature for new runners. So, I added the link to the side panel.

I have invited 2 of my friends from here to participate in our little support group. I know you will love both of them as much as I do. They will be great assets to our group.

Bobbi is my office mate at the Ed Center. We have worked together for over a year now. Bobbi has always been a huge support to me. She agreed to go with me to Prague for my first marathon. At the time, she had just completed the Box Run 10K. She decided to sign up for the 8K race in Prague, which was held the day before the marathon. She did great in her own run and was an amazing friend for my race. Not everyone will slick up your arm pits with Body Glide so you don't get rash. She also took my shoes off when I finished because I was so sore I couldn't do it. It was during my marathon that Bobbi decided to train for one herself. We traveled to Berlin in September for one of the biggest marathons in the world. It was a fabulous weekend. Bobbi and I both finished strong. I will her tell you her next goals.

Shelley is new to the Ed Center. She is a distance runner with several marathons to her credit and she recently finished an ultra marathon at 50 miles! I know that sounds so intimidating, however she is anything but. With her experience, she can offer us a lot. I have also learned that she, herself is in need of some accountability.

Tomorrow morning is spin class. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

E said...

Holy s..t: 50 miles! I don't even like to drive that far! Welcome to the group!