Friday, December 29, 2006

Doing better

Wow, congratulations to everybody on pushing through the holidays, cold weather, and everything else. I just read the posts for the last week or so. I loved the picture of the shoe! I always thought it would be funny to show up at a race in one of the those body suits with the hood that the olympic sprinters wear (to cut down wind resistance I guess) and maybe some shoes with flames on them and then jog along real slow (but look serious about it).

V, I can't believe the run times you posted for your five miler--great effort. If I ran as fast as I could down a steep hill, I might run the time you ran for your "cool down " mile. I trust you will follow your training plan just as vigilently when it calls for an "easy run" and let your body recover for the next quality run. Hope you are having/had a blast in Spain.

Angie, congratulations on getting out there. I feel your pain.

I had a pretty good week. I ran 8 miles on Saturday and even ran up the huge hill at the end of my route. We left for Garmisch later that day and I was proud of myself that I took care of the long run before we went. I've been finding so many lame excuses lately. We hiked for 6 hours the next day, up and down a mountain. I was pretty sore, but got out for an easy 10K the next day. I actually got to the gym and put in a treadmill run this week too and I really hate the treadmill. My other run was supposed to be yesterday. It was snowing...I don't know what happened. Bobbi gave me a hard time about it on the phone today so I'm going to make it up tonight and this will be my first full week of actually following my training plan. I did mail in my medical certificate for the Paris Half Marathon today as a display of committment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing better. Peer pressure can be a wonderful thing. I am still in Spain and having a blast, but I admit some guilt. I have not run since I got here. We have been in fabulous hotels, but none with a decent treadmill and the areas we are staying are not condusive for an outside run (read tiny alleyways, dead ends and major cobblestones). This is a part of my personality that really needs work. I am trying to just relax and enjoy the break. Oh well, like Beth, I am sure I will feel that much better when I do come back. Enjoy the holidays. I will be back sometime on the 3rd.

By the way, I can´t send and email (although I can check email) or post under my blogger name because I can´t seem to figure out the Spanish keyboard to find the ¨at¨ sign. Traveling can be quite the adventure.
V