Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Panic

Ladies, I am beginning to panic. I have not found time to run in over two weeks and I have to run 10 miles in just six more. Right now I am attempting to wake up over some iced coffee but I have an early meeting so no run time this morning. I have been working 11-13 hour days, so by the time I get home at night I am too exhausted to run and many days I'm already dragging my butt out of bed at 5 or 5:30 to get ready for work. I can do early, but I can not do 4:30 a.m. no matter how badly I want to train. Then add in the sauna factor of the weather lately and it just sucks any twinge of motivation right out of me. I think about running ten miles and my heart is all a flutter (and not in a good way); I feel sort of panic attackish. E, are you up for keeping your 12 miles pace for the race? I think I can do that with some good conversation. My original partner for race day went and got herself knocked-up ;-)

4 comments:

E said...

You set the pace, and I'll stick with it. Don't worry about going fast. We're all just going to hang out and enjoy ourselves. V. is going to go slow with us too. Think of it as a 2-hour gab session! I plan on stopping for water breaks too--I think they're every two miles. Even if I don't get water, I'm stopping.

Also, you don't have to train up to the distance. Even though I'm training for a 10-miler, the longest I run on my beginner's plan is 8 miles the week before. So think of it as having to build up to 8 miles and maybe that will make you less panicky!

It will also be easier during the actual race. I've only done small ones, but all the runners and music and supporters, it's really exciting and you feel so pumped you WANT to get out there and run. Just to burn off some adrenaline! Plus we'll be busy sightseeing along the way. There will be plenty of stuff to distract us.

I have faith in you--you can do it! (As if I have the confidence that I can do it!)

Angie said...

Christy-you crack me up...knocked up...LOL! Trust me, the last thing I'd rather be right now is knocked up :) At least I'll still be there to chat. See you soon!

SMILES!

Angie said...

Oh, I also want my t-shirt to say..."This is how I got out of running the ATM" and I want a huge arrow to point at BABY #4!!! Funny, eh?

Vianne said...

Christy,
Take the pressure off! This is for fun and health ( I stole that from Shelley). E is right...train for the 8 and adrenaline will carry you the rest. Even when you train, you should plan your walk breaks and drink then too. I won't let you quit. It only hurts for a little while, the glory lasts forever (I stole that fron a sign I saw during the Berlin Marathon). I can't wait to see you.

Angie, I love that shirt idea.

Do we all need a different saying, but the same style shirt? By the way, I can't run in sleeves.