My training plan of this week being a step-back week is being revised. I kind of forgot about the last week of August and thought my son started school next week. So now I have long runs planned for next week, but no childcare. I don't do well getting up early, and I have a really hard time with long runs in the afternoon. Short ones are no problem.
So here's my altered plan: this week I'll do some long runs since I have childcare, and next week will be my easy one. Today wasn't long--I already had planned on intervals and I did those. But it was a hard workout. It felt good to go "fast", OK, faster (especially with a breeze in my face that made me feel like I was really flying!), but I don't think my legs will be happy with me tonight.
I lifted today too. I've lost some strength, but I'm not as disappointed as I expected. I didn't have any trouble with The Plank, so that made me happy. Biceps are good, triceps are weak. Two weeks and I'll be back though.
I'm a little disappointed in the gym. There's another one so I'll try it another day. This one has the free weights and cardio equipment, but their nautilus stuff is sorry. I prefer to lift legs, abs and back on the machines, so I'll have to find someplace else to go for those. But it's awesome that this gym is not even half a mile away!
V--I forgot to congratulate you on your charitable work of cleaning up the beach. And to get some exercise at the same--way to multi-task! I so wish I had a beach...... But I'm not complaining; I love it here!
Monday, August 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment