Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm very happy with my run this morning. I feel like I'm starting to come back. I ran 4 miles in 49 minutes, including a stretch break, a water break, and 2 walks up hills. So I'm guessing it was about a 10 minute pace. No wonder I feel like spaghetti! I thought my best at the moment was a 12-minute pace.

It was cool at 6 am: 75 degrees. But it was muggy (87% humidity) and drizzling the whole time. I'm especially proud of myself for sticking it out instead of going back to bed! I need to stretch now, then take a shower and maybe take a mid-morning nap!

I hate getting up early to run. For some reason, I can't sleep the night before. I don't know why since it's not like a race where I'm worried my alarm won't go off and I'll miss it. But I wake up constantly, wondering what time it is, and then doze off for a little while and start over again. This morning, I was wide awake from 4:30 on. Getting up early to run also cuts into my husband's PT since he has to skip that day so somebody's home with the kids. He's very gracious about it, but I'm more than happy to leave the early morning exercising to him! I should be done with it though. I got my son signed up for 2 days of daycare next week, so that helps. Sunday I'm running a 4.5 miler, then doing shorter runs next week, maybe some speedwork.

I'm getting really good at running slow. Nothing wrong with that, except I don't feel strong doing it. If I'm going to go slow, I want it to feel easy! So I'm going to do some intervals next week, plus get back to the gym for the first time in a month.

I'm still searching for a running partner. I think I'd do much better with someone there to push/pace me. I just get bored and start dragging. I always see a lot of people out running when I am, but they're all men. Angie introduced me to a couple of runners in the neighborhood, so maybe I can join them sometime if our schedules mesh. One is training for the Fisher House marathon, so with all those miles she's got to be logging, I'm sure I can find the time to hop on for a few of them!

Can't wait to get to D.C.!

1 comment:

Vianne said...

Welcome back! I hate getting up too early. Like you, I will leave that to Pete. However, if it is the only way to get that run it, then...

I am doing 12 tomorrow morning at my new beach. I'm looking forward to it, but no the 7AM wake up on a Saturday.

I think I am resigned to running alone. Maybe Texas?