My husband forced me to the gym way too early this morning after staying up way too late last night. It is great to have him home. I thought the workout would really suck, but it was actually great. Speed work today.
Distance: 5 miles
Speed: 9x - 1/4 mile intervals, 1/4 mile recovery
First interval at 8.0 mph (7:30)
.2 increments each 1/4 mile
Last interval at 9.8 mph (6:07)
Lift: 2x - chin ups 10 reps and then 7 reps
2x - cable push-ups
Injuries: Yep, feet still hurt, but not any worse.
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What's a cable push-up?
let me see if I can explain...
the machine is a Free Motion cable machine. It has a single solid base and two "arms" that can be put in almost any position with handles attached to the arms. I position the arms straight up. So, if it were a person, it would look like a referee declaring a field goal or maybe that's a touch down. Damn, I am such a soccer mom. Anyway, you put the weight at 25 pounds, grab both handles and push them straight down towards the ground. The weight is just to bottom the handles out before they hit the ground. Then you place your feet against the base and support your body with your arms and do a push-up. Essentially you are doing a push-up not only suspended, but each arm has to work independently. It is a fabulous core exercise as well as chest, arms and shoulders. A good all round exercise if you don't have time for a full lift. You really have to be careful that you don't hyper extend the shoulder. If it is too difficult to completely suspend your body, lower the weight so that the cables drop lower and go to your knees.
Did that make sense? I wish I could draw it for you.
Post a Comment