Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm starting to stress!

I can't believe it's less than 2 months until the ATM. I'm still not back into a running routine and won't be until after Labor Day. That's when my youngest starts preschool. But since I'm doing the beginner training schedule, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It's geared for total beginners, so I had a leg up. Next week is a step-back week with only 2 mile runs, then the following week has 4-, 3-, and 5-mile runs, which is the level I'm at now. So I just need to plan a couple 4-milers this week, I can fit in those 2-milers anytime next week, and then preschool starts and I can hit the road everyday if I want (I don't!).

I still can't fathom running 10 miles. Did I really agree to this??!! That t-shirt idea is sounding better all the time! ("This sounded like a good idea 3 months ago") V--I think your shirt should be the one that said, "Yeah, I know I run like a girl. Try to keep up!"

The Kansas City marathon and half-marathon is a couple weeks after the ATM. I am seriously considering running it. I'll have the mileage built up by then, and since I'm not racing the ATM, I don't need a long rest afterward. At this point in my life, I have no desire to do a marathon, so I won't increase my distance beyond 13 miles.

I'm going to go against my better judgment and get up at 5:30 tomorrow morning to fit in a 4.5-mile run. It will take slowpoke me over an hour (including stretching and warmup). After I put my daughter on the bus, I'm going to take a shower and go back to bed!

1 comment:

Vianne said...

I can't believe we will all be together in a matter of weeks! This summer has flown by. My fist race of the season is 2 weeks from Sunday. I have no doubt you will get the miles in. Once school starts it will be easier. You need to go ahead an register for Kansas City.

How did the early morning run go?