Thursday, August 30, 2007

Day 5, Week 4

This was my last exercise day of this week! Shelley is coming Saturday and we run the Rock and Roll Half Marathon, Virginia Beach on Sunday. I am really looking forward to this race. First, it feels like so long since I ran a race (actually is was June, but so much has changed since then). Second, I have wanted to run a Rock and Roll race for years and specifically this one in Virginia Beach. There is a rock band playing at every mile with cheerleaders at every 1/2. The last 3 miles in down the boardwalk. These races tend to be very well organized, supported and loads of fun. In addition to the medal, and the T-shirt, they give the finishers beach slides. Too fun! Neither Shelley, nor I is racing this event. It is all about enjoying the atmosphere.

Afterwards, there is a big concert ending with the headliner band on the beach, INXS! I know I am showing my age, buy I love this band. I have great memories from that period. My favorite includes me and Pete, Fort Walton Beach, cartwheels on the lawn of the Holiday Inn and the song "New Sensation." 1988?

Total Miles: 3 with 1/2 mile intervals
8:30
7:30
8:30
7:00
8:30
6:30
Functional Training: Shoulders

Miles for the Week: 27

Successes: Found a friend to share some miles. Double benefit in that I enjoy some girl time and it slows me down so that I don't push all the time. Managed to lift all body parts this week.

Needs Improvement: I am still in a quandary about the marathon thing. I gave up my bib for the Marine Corp Marathon, but I really need to find a replacement race. I know it is stupid, but it worries me.

By the way, my DH ordered me vanity license plates for my car. They have a picture of a bald eagle with "wildlife conservationist" running along the bottom and this : 13PNT1
I should take a picture.

No comments: