Tomorrow is definitely going to be a day of rest. Guess you can figure out how my workout went today based on that statement. All I want to do is curl up on the couch with my aromatherapy heat pads and veg out.
Met my running goal of 4.4 really slow miles. Just to ease back into running outside, on pavement, with hills, and with weather. I must've gotten really spoiled on that treadmill because my joints are not happy with me. Ankles, knees, and hips. It's not a bad pain (i.e. I didn't hurt myself).
My main goal was to get a really good strength training workout in. My legs (joints) were spent so I didn't do those. I did the assisted pull-up (or is it chin-lift?--the bicep one, whichever it is) machine and was happy with 4. I could have done more, but I got scared without a spotter and I'm not very strong. Figured out my max (max--now that's an oxymoron--as if I can lift more than zero!) on a few exercises and was reassured that I've been lifting the appropriate amount of weight. Bicep curls, tricep press, ab machine, 2 minutes worth of the "plank" position, some oblique crunches, and even an attempt at some pushups, but I'd reached muscle failure by then.
Finished off with a really good stretching period and hobbled out of the gym! My husband came home and said he was ready to stay home and for me to go to work. I mentioned my 2-hour workout and that I was quite happy with our arrangement the way it was! (Much harder to fit that into an 8-hr workday) He had no sympathy. I love my life.
Although no one's mentioned food, that's something I know very little about in terms of training. I know carbs before a big run, protein after a big workout. And that's about it. I'm not a health-food nut and I don't count anything, but I do try to eat healthy. If any of you have some great healthy recipes, post them! Here's my favorite healthy snack. It's very easy (anything I make has to be) and so good I could eat it all day. Great for a summer picnic too since it won't spoil. Of course, we eat it with chips, but pick the baked or reduced-fat or whole grain and it's still healthy. Enjoy!
Salsa (didn't know what else to call it)
1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 red onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tsp cumin
Just throw these all together! There's no spice in this, so you can add some hot pepper if you prefer.
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
E,
This is the first real book I read about sports nutrition and I used as a bible for several years while I was learning about me and fitness. I am buying a few more books today, so I will let you know about them later. I will include one of my favorite recipes later when I post.
Eat Smart, Play Hard: Customized Food Plans for All Your Sports and Fitness Pursuits
by Liz Applegate
Post a Comment