First, I want to thank you guys for all your kind words! I was feeling so, so down last week. Turns out I had strep throat. They thought I might have mono - though, they made a really big deal about how that would be weird because I'm "too old" for mono. Nice. Kick me when I'm down. Anyway, I don't have mono (thank heavens), but it was a scare because I was so exhausted.
I'm going to go back to the gym tonight. It's been ten days since my last run. Ugh. I am going to run one mile and then walk two. I'm on the antibiotics until next week - so, I'm going to ease back into it.
I'll let you know how it goes!
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Cathy,
I hope all went well this evening. I don't envy you, coming back is hard. Hang in there and be patient with yourself. I think we always learn more when we are challenged than when things come easily, so this will definately be a learning experience. We are right behind you encouraging your every step even if you can't hear us.
Thanks V. I really appreciate all your guidance. It means more than you know! And I still laugh about the sour starburst. Really... what were you thinking!!??
Last night was fine. It's hard to know how bad it is because the first mile of every run always feels lousy. But, I wasn't tired. I feel good today. So, I'm going to try to flip it tonight. Run 2 and walk 1. Then maybe take off tomorrow and try running three on thursday. And, gearing up/resting up for a big run on Satuday. I'm going to see how I feel doing a 8 mile run.
My 15k is on Feb 17 - a mere 24 days away!
Congrats on your speedwork, V. It's really good stuff! Take care cathy
Post a Comment