Friday, January 5, 2007

Just to rile us up, I thought I'd include these links. The first is an article titled "Why (Most) Women Shouldn't Run". It's written by a coach and personal trainer. The second is his response after getting slammed a bit.

Actually, I can't really say he's wrong. I have wide hips, and I know I'll never win a race. And I'm OK with that. But some women may not be. There is a huge difference between a male and female pelvis. That's what makes women better at balance than men, it makes women better mountain climbers than men, (oh yeah, and we can have babies) and it makes women able to do this little trick that men can't. Grab a guy and challenge him by saying, "I'll bet I can pick up this chair and you can't."

Get a chair, preferably a short stool. Place it against a wall (if there's a back, turn it to the side). Stand arm's length away from the wall, fingertips touching the wall with the chair between you and the wall. Bend over so that the top of your head touches the wall, and you're looking down at the seat of the stool. Pick up the stool to your chest. Then stand up.

Men can't do this. And it's hilarious watching them try and get so frustrated! Their pelvises just aren't tilted right. Every time they try, they start to fall into the wall. Have fun!

No comments: