No snow for us yet. However, crazy winds have been blowing for what seems likes forever.
Yesterday, I ran my 7 miles outside. It was great to get off the treadmill. I needed the reinforcement that I can run well. For some reason on the treadmill my runs have seemed awful. When I ran outside yesterday I felt great. The proverbial birds were singing, the sun was shining and the wind was howling. I only noticed it a bit on the way out. By the time I was on the return the wind had picked up and I swear it was a 20 mile an hour head wind. For real!!
My quads also got really cold in that wind. For those that don't know, I have an aversion to running in anything except my shorts (ok, I do where shirts and shoes and a hat at times. I hate things on my legs when I run) my quads were stone hard and cold for the rest of the day. The first thing I did after my shower was going online and order some long pants. I guess I'll get over myself.
Getting sick is very much a concern. The minute I hear sniffles I break out the “Airborne”. Stay warm and get well. We can always “come back”.
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My husband is that way--he only runs in shorts. I tried it, but I get hypothermic. Be careful--the warming up is the most dangerous part. All that peripheral blood that is in the constricted blood vessels and is cold, returns to your core when you start warming and dilating. Your temperature can actually continue dropping even after being inside for a while. Get some pants!
yeah, get some pants!
Post a Comment