I have newfound respect for walking. Tuesday was supposed to be an off day for me, but a friend asked me to walk with her so I did. (BTW--she's moving to DC in a couple months and is interested in doing the ATM--I need to send her our blog) I figured, it's just a walk, no biggie. An hour and 4 miles later, I was beat. We were walking at a good clip and the last mile was all uphill. I thought since I could run that far and not get sore, that I could walk it and be fine. Not so. Obviously we use slightly different muscles for walking than running because I was sore!
So yesterday was my day off instead. And today, I couldn't make it to the gym, so my cross-training was redecorating and super-cleaning the upstairs. Actually, I'll call that my strength training. Moving furniture, climbing ladders, flipping mattresses, etc was a workout! I probably shouldn't have done some of these things by myself, but once I get going, I can't stop. Now I'm tired and going to bed! Good night!
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment