I have to say really quickly that I've had to put running on the back burner for a few weeks. Since we're moving to Kansas in just 2 weeks there seems to be no time for exercise unless you count dialing the phone to cancel cable, phone and DSL exercise. Seems like we have a ton of last minute appointments everyday until the packers come.
The other problem is that the weather in Colorado has been just awful. Even though it hasn't snowed in about a week, it's all still sticking around (not usual for this area for the snow to stay for more than a day) and it's bitter cold with lots of wind. The kind of cold that you have to take a nice warm bath just get your body warmed up. We're also going to get another 6 inches of snow on Thursday. I'd hate to run today and then take another week off. Just doesn't feel like I could make any progress like that.
I have started Weight Watchers online. No time for meetings so I'm doing fine with the online program. I have lots 4 pounds since New Years and Fred has lost 8 pounds! Hooray for the Dentes. I'll share the recipes if anyone is interested.
The plan is to buy a treadmill so I can run whenever I want. I didn't get one from Santa so Fred and I have decided to get one when we arrive at Ft. Leavenworth. However, Santa did bring me lots of nice work out clothes. I'll have to do a fashion show....hahaha!
So, until I can run again....
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Give yourself a break until you move. Plus, sounds like you are doing great with the food!! That's fantastic and motivation for your sister in law, for sure!
I'm proud of you for taking that on with three lil ones and my brother AND a move.... you consistently impress me, angie. Love you - cathy
I'm with Cathy. Relax. This is a really tough time to take on fitness too. The food thing is really important and you seem to be on top of that. You'll be ready to go when you get to KS. It has been 10 years, but as I recall, the gym at Leavenworth is pretty good. There used to be a running group of CGSC spouses that reformed every year with the new class. Maybe, that is still avaiable. Either way, it will be easy to get into the mom routine: kids off to school, babies to hourly, moms to the gym, pick babies up by mid-morning, run errands, home by early lunch and nap before big kids come home.
Good luck with the moving chaos and please check in as much as you can and keep us updated.
Post a Comment