Friday, January 19, 2007

Motivation Definitely is HARD

Christy, I think we all feel lack of motivation. I personally could medal if it were an Olympic event.

If anyone where to ask me if I like running I would say “No, I don’t.” I like the affects of running.

Able to eat and drink what I want (kinda, Vianne gives me disapproving mom looks when I order cheese on my chicken wrap)
Power I feel
Sense of Accomplishment
Calming effect
Ability to work “life issues” in my head while running
Chat with buddies that bike while I run
Maintain weight and physical fitness

I can bitch and rationalize with the best them. For me I see my next race (Paris in early March) LOOMING on the horizon. I don’t mind being slow, cause I am slow, I mind being lame. Therefore, I feel that I should train at least to a minimum standard. I don’t want to poorly represent myself. Humiliation is a great motivator for me.

I do better training when I have races to act as my carrot. They keep me focused.
Christy, you need to find a 5k.

I echo everyone’s bullshit on the running 10 miles. You might not think you can. YOU CAN!!!!! Pace and training will get you to any goal.

Recently my training has SUCKED. I have been running inside/treadmill (hamster wheel). I was having a hard time running 3 miles yesterday. I thought to myself “I’m a lame ass, I have been able to run for miles and miles without stopping and now I can’t even run 3, I suck”. Me feeling lame does not change the date of my Paris race. I decided I’ll keep getting the distance in even if it is not within the time I was expecting. Hopefully the slump will pass.

Shelley and I thought that perhaps we should just wear costumes for the race. That way if we are slower than we want to be at least will be funny. I was thinking “Naughty French Maids”. The short little skirts shouldn’t get in the way, maybe the duster will…uhmmm, something to ponder.

1 comment:

E said...

Oooh, naughty French maids! I vote for that one! You'll certainly get lots of attention in that outfit, and nobody lames out when people are watching! You'll have to post some pictures of that one!