Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I ran!

Last night, I got home late but, had to run 5 miles, so went to the gym at 10pm and did it!
I'm gearing up mentally for my next long run on Saturday - 7 miles. I actually look forward to the these runs because I always run outside on the weekends. During the week, it's just not safe to run in Central Park after work because it's dark and running on the streets is not the brightest move (so much traffic!). So, I'm stuck on the treadmill - which I hate. I get claustrophobic after 5 miles. Isn't that ridiculous?
My biggest challenge now is not sticking to the training program - it's trying to bring the same commitment I have to training now to healthy eatting. I am so bad about making good choices when it comes to food. I have to focus on the connection of weight - nutrition - etc and good, safe running.

1 comment:

Vianne said...

Way to go Cathy! I don't think I would have been able to pull that off, unless it was summer. The winter is so dark that my body wants to go to sleep very early. For the last 4 months, I have been getting up at 5:30AM to do half of my workout, either my run or my lift. You don't know me, but that is huge! I am not an early riser, so the idea of going to the gym at 6 in the morning is just crazy. I am home by 7 to get my boys out of bed and off to school. Then, I go back to the gym later in the afternoon after work and finish my workout. I would have never thought that I could maintain my early mornings, but this is what I have to do to meet my training goals. Congratulations on accepting that for yourself and making it work for you.