1. I'm fascinated by the heart rate monitor.
2. My heart is working hard. But, it's interesting to slow down and check my breathing and see how I can control it and how it's getting stronger - in just a week's time.
3. I'm full-on mortified now by literally my entire gym being kept away of my heart rate on THEIR work out apparatus. I now try to find people who have magazines covering the read-outs or a towel over it, so they don't see my heart rate on their machines. I am not sure why I am so embarrassed by it - but i am!!
V - nice job on the run! Also - I can't find the poppy seed bread mix in any of manhattan! There's corn bread mix - but don't think that will work....
I have my weight watchers meeting tonight - hoping I chipped away a bit a the enormous holiday weight gain... as my ever-supportive sister in law said when I told her the amount i gained: "wow - that sounds like it must be some kind of record!" She's right, probably. When I do something - I do it all out!!
One more thing: can I invite someone to join the blog? also, how? My friend Sarah is training for her first marathon (NYC) and is just great. And, it will be entertaining because she's british so, her posts will be peppered with "whilst" and "reckon" and "god save the queen" (kidding on that last one). Ok? Cathy
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Do y'all have any recommendations on a good running shoe?
Cathy, I love "playing" with my heart. I did well today. I ran 6 miles strictly by heart rate. I never got over 145. It's always fun to see what my pace when I am done.
Of course you can invite a friend to the blog. I look forward to meeting her! When you sign in, go to new post, settings tab (at the top) and then add author. If you have a problem, click on my email and shoot me a note.
I forgot...
Send me an address and I will mail you some lemon poppy seed stuff. After living in rural Bavaria, I know what it is like to miss ingredients. It would be my pleasure.
I'm not even going to get on the scale to see how much I gained. I'm sure I hold "the record" (BTW, I only said that because I knew it would make you laugh :) And being pregnant is no excuse. I'm only supposed to gain a pound a week. I know I gained more than that!
Cathy,
I even checked in the store yesterday and they didn't have any on this side of the river. I just checked online, though, and it says they should have some. I'll check and if they do I'll pick you up some and I can bring it in to you as long as this little fellow doesn't decide to come out soon :)
Which part of the city do you live in?
Post a Comment