Saturday, January 12, 2008

Girl Scouts are evil

I'm convinced that the Girl Scouts have it out for me, now that they've delivered their cookies. That, or my loving husband would like to see me a bit plumper since he ordered 11 boxes. Yes, 11 boxes!! I'm now knee-deep in peanut butter sandwich cookies and thin mints. I just have to hold out until Monday when I'll send them off to my husband's class. Let them eat the fat pills!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

E - you just made me laugh so hard my neighbors are probably concerned. I feel the same way about girl scout cookies. Oh. Tagalongs. How I love thee. Decide now how many you will allow yourself - put them in a baggie and the rest are off limits. Also, consider making V's choc cake which is way better than a thin mint. I promise! I'm about to make the lemon poppy muffins (V- got your box! thank you!!!) and can't wait to try one out! cathy

Rachel said...

Peanut butter and thin mints, my favorites. Feel free to send them my way and I will discard of them immediately. :)

Christina/Christy/Chris said...

Okay guys, you do know who I work for now don't you? Yeah that's right, I have an OFFICE FULL of cookies in every variety right now. Literally. And, I, who have what can probably be identified as the worst sweet tooth in the world, made a vow to decrease my sugar consumption beginning January 1. I have managed to only eat one whole Carmel DeLite (for research purposed of course) and half of a Shortbread (again, for research because we are using 'the other' cookie company this year).

However, I do have to tell you that they all freeze well, so you don't have to feel guilty about a.) eating the whole box at one sitting or b.)letting them get stale while you exercise restraint. Thin Mints are great out of the freezer. And, none of them are that bad if you stick to the portion size. Well, all except the Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs. But, hey, they are made with peanut butter;-) And, they are all perservitive and trans fat free, so that makes them not quite so unhealthy. Right?

Vianne said...

The irony of timing. I was upstairs when I heard the doorbell ring. Pete answered the door. It was a cute little brownie selling girl scout cookies. Well, he said hello and let her say her thing. He told her we didn't want any cookies and then said "good luck."

For the record, he doesn't normally have to deal with these things and he doesn't know the rules. I would not have done that. I would have given her $ and told her to give the next house a box for free or put it towards the fund to send cookies overseas.

He was thinking sheer self preservation. In his mind, it is very clear. These are cookies; I can't eat cookies unless my wife makes them for me and tells me that they are OK. So, no cookies.