Monday, April 2, 2007

It looks like we all have to register individually anyway, and that the team thing is additional. I vote for individual registration, and we can consider being our own group "unofficially". I'm game for anything though.

The official hotel sounds like a good plan. I'm willing to room with somebody! I don't snore, it takes me about 15 minutes to get ready so I won't hog the bathroom, and I promise I won't use all the hot water. Anybody want to share the cost of a hotel room?

I went back to the route of the race this weekend. I found where I turned wrong. It was about 30 yards ahead of the right way. So close! I'm over it, but I wanted to work on those hills again. My plan was to do a short 25-minute tempo run. I was struggling with the speedwork and had to stop because I started heaving. No puking, but I guess I'm now an official member of the Way-Too-Into-This-Running-Thing Club. I know what the problem was though.

So I took a break, changed the plan to running easy, and got to 4 miles and felt like I could go forever. I went 6.5 miles and still felt like I could keep going. I didn't because I had to get a lift in, but it was reassuring to know I felt good. My 25-minute run turned into more than an hour. Maybe these short distances aren't for me. Ever heard this one: If you can't play sports, run. If you can't run, run far. Maybe that's me!

1 comment:

Vianne said...

E,
I will share a room with you. I love the hotel, so I am looking forward to staying there again. Do you want to book for us or me? I will register for the race tomorrow.