Wednesday, April 11, 2007
I am so excited that I could just about wet my panties! Okay, so maybe that's an exageration but I am SSSOOO excited. I met with my trainer at 7 a.m. and although my plan was to run two miles, she had me run three and a half. (Yes, I was slacking off and had to pretty much start over.) It was raining (heavier than a spinkle but lighter than a pour) and only in the upper 40s, maybe low 50s, so not real great conditions, my body hurt from lifting on Monday too (I lifted for the first time in months; I have just been doing cardio). Anyhow, the point of the story is when I got to the point where I REALLY wanted to stop and walk I asked about how far we had gone thus far and her answer was two miles. Yeah Me! When I run on my own I have been stopping and taking my first walk break at one mile. And, out of the whole 3.5 miles, she estimated that I walked maybe about 1/4 mile total. I also did it without music! And there were plenty of rolling hills. She made me sprint at the end which made me momentarily feel like upchucking my half cup of 6 a.m. cereal if was still in my belly. But, all in all it was a GREAT morning! I did get a blister on each foot on the ball under my big toe. Any suggestions on how to deal with the blisters if they are hurting on Friday? (That's the next day that I run.) Right now I am kind of gimpy because of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good Job! Blisters...not fun. I'm not sure that I have any advise for them. My feet are so callused now that I can't even get a pedicure for fear that they will scrape off my tough skin. Even the top of my toes have calluses. The good news is that both of my big toenails grew back fairly normal after falling off during marathon training. How's that for incentive to run?
Oh wait, I thought of something. BandAid's liquid skin. I used that when the blisters opened and then a bit of mole skin. I never had much luck with the mole skin, but the liquid skin seemed to protect from infection if not the pain. Whatever you do, don't pop them, especially if they get really big. I had one that nearly swallowed my big toe and it was so tempting to pop it with a needle and drain it. However, if I had done that, there was so much skin stretched out that it would have created loose skin that would move and then tear and then I would have an open sore, blah, blah, blah. Sorry, I'm not sure that was helpful.
They weren't real big and I already popped them and used alcohol to dry them up. I am pretty sure the alcohol is a no-no too, but at least they aren't hurting any longer. Today was a cross-training day so I wasn't running and I hope they will be good-to-go tomorrow. I have to stop by Target on the way home tonight anyhow, so I will grab some liquid skin while I'm there.
Post a Comment