Thursday, February 8, 2007

Yeah, yeah, I found my big girl panties and I'm ready to run! (Actually hoping those get a little smaller) I knew I needed a race closer than the ATM. So I checked out my "local" (it's an hour away) running store/group called Run Wild. They set me up with my lovely pink go-fast shoes. The owners are especially into triathlons--way out of my league.

There are 2 races on St. Patrick's Day, March 17. A 5K and a 10K. I'm trying to decide which to run. I've recruited several friends to run too, but they're doing the 5K. I'd prefer to do the 5K and try to improve my previous time. Also, I'd finish with my friends, instead of them waiting around for me.

But an honest assessment tells me that I want to do the 5K because it's in my comfort zone. The experience of racing a 10K would be better for me. Plus, if I ran the 10K, one of my friends and I could swap babysitting since she's doing the 5K (different start times). Although I'm not sure I'd be able to pay attention to a bunch of kids right before a race--I'm too anxious. This race might help me get over some of my fear of the mileage. I'd still rather run the 5K.

I also noticed on this website that they hold "Tri-Camps" for triathletes. V. mentioned once that she wanted to go to a running camp someday. I'll keep an eye out for you, but I don't want to hear any stories that start with, "This one time, at running camp....."

2 comments:

Vianne said...

10K
10K
10K...

Come to the light...

Welcome to my world. Running distance is lonely. Run the 10K and tell us all about it.

Cathy said...

10k!! You can do it!