Sunday, February 4, 2007

Gain and No Pain!

Well, not much...

I was able to do 8 miles yesterday and best of all, I ran outside. I woke up to sunshine and about 45 degrees, perfect! I felt so good to run with the sun in my face ( I know you guys remember how grey it can be for weeks at the time) and my knee was pain free. I got out 4 miles and when I turned around a huge head wind came up. All the way back is uphill and that wind was vicious. I was amazed at my times. Since I have been running on the treadmill, my speed has been set for me and I was a bit concerned that once I ran outside, I would not be able to hold that pace. A great day for my ego, and I really needed it.

Today, I was a bit sore, but nothing like it has been. I will ice tonight and motrin, motrin, motrin. We had a soccer tournament today, so no running. That was probably a good thing. I will try again tomorrow. It is hard to believe that race season starts in less than a month! 4 weeks and a taper before Paris. Two weeks later, Prague. We now have 6 girls traveling to Prague together. It will be such a fun weekend. I wish you could all come!

E, for some reason your email will not accept my url. Am I on the bad list? I have a request for the new song: Strut, by the Cheetah Girls. If that doesn't work, how about It's Raining Men, by The Weather Girls.

I know most of you do not know Shelley beyond our blog, but she has had a difficult week. She lost a very close friend and is in the States this week to help his wife (also a very close friend) and their small children. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: