Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sorry Cathy, I couldn't find "Throb", so I substituted this one. I can't remember if I've had this one on already or not. I swear I'm losing my mind...I haven't put that many songs on here to lose track yet. I need to find a website where I can upload songs to get the URLs....

Speaking of shirts, I want one that says, "Do Not Disturb...I'm Training". Just for the gym. I know it can be a social place and that a lot of people are there for recreation, which is great, but during certain runs, I can't talk! And if I have to take out my earplugs to hear you, then I don't have my music either. I lost half a mile of running listening to a neighbor describe every TV available at Walmart, plus the prices and what coupons she had. It's not that I'm not terribly interested in this, it's just that I'm working here! I finally put one earplug back in and started running again to finish. She probably thought I was being rude, but just give me 15 minutes, and you can tell me all about how you need a TV with speakers on the bottom instead of sides!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had this problem at work when some people thought it was OK to interrupt me while I was in the middle of a project. I learned quickly how to put them off.

Next time someone is rude enough to interrupt your workout, just take one earplug out, say "I'll be done in 15 minutes and can talk to you then", put your earplug back in and keep running!! No apologizing about it either ~ I like what Oprah always says "you teach people how to treat you." If you don't teach this woman what your boundaries are, she'll interrupt you EVERYTIME she sees you at the gym. It's tough to do at first but SO WORTH IT!

Vianne said...

I love Kerosene and I always think of you when I run to it. I think you may be the only person I could trade Ipods with. Keep posting your favorites. I found "It's Raining Men," by the Weather Girls. Do you know that one?

The gym thing can be difficult, but I am with Patti, don't be afraid to tell people that you will catch up after your run. Most understand the rule, that if someone has their earplugs in, they are not up for conversation. You can also educate her..."I'm doing intervals today, can we chat later..." She may not know what an interval is, but she will learn that that's what you say when you can't talk. You'll run the risk of people feeling like you take this "running thing" too seriously, but I can live with that. Most will admit that they wish they had the decipline and respect you for it. It might even motivate them to work a bit harder.

E said...

I do know that song. The only website I've found that gives URLs for songs is song2play. I search for the songs and sometimes they're on there, sometimes not. I need to figure out if anybody can upload songs or if they're put on there by the webmaster. I think that's why I can't remember what songs I've played on here: I went through about 10 searches before I found one that was available.