
...At least for a while. Pete and I ran the local Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning. I have to point out that Virginia Beach is a very fit community. Would you believe that almost 2000 runners turned out to do this race? It was a beautiful morning, but another stiff wind. It also got a bit warm. 70 degrees by the finish! Anyway, I had a very hard run. I just didn't feel good from the beginning and it didn't get any better as I ran. I never felt like I settled in and I was always outside of my comfort zone. The course was beautiful, but I didn't have any fun. So, that's it, no more racing for a while. It is clearly time to slow down and enjoy the run again.
I placed second in my age group (they didn't do Master's overall) with a time of 44:37. Not a bad time, but slower than I did the first 10K of the Outer Banks 13.1. And no one is going to feel sorry for me since I won this fabulous turkey trophy. Notice his ball cap and running shoes. Truly one of a kind.

1 comment:
I never thought I'd hear those words from you! Everybody needs a break though and it sounds like you're ready. At least you can still run.
I'm afraid I have to quit walking. I haven't walked in over a week, and my hips are still getting worse. It was so bad last night that I could barely step into the tub. It took everything I had to lift my legs. The abs aren't there and the joints are wobbly. It's only temporary though...
Love the trophy!
Post a Comment