I had a fabulous day! Although the wind really worried me yesterday (25 mph), I should have realized that it is the beach, and the beach is good to me. This morning the winds were high, but manageable.
I came in 2nd for Master's Women Overall with a time of 1:34:26! My goal was 1:35. My pace was 7:12. The girl that beat me did a 1:31:22. I couldn't have done any better and certainly not 3 minutes, so my hat's off to her. Back to me... In addition to winning $250, I also ran my best:
5K - 21:00
5 Mile - 34:41
10K - 43:00
10 Mile - 1:10:47
1/2 Mar - 1:34:26
As an additional prize, the top winners received an original art work from a local artist. The print is of the Wright Brother's Memorial, the dunes, and the beach with a small fishing boat. On the bow of the boat the artist painted my name. There is a sign on the beach that says "Master's Women, 2nd Place" and in the corner is the OBX 1/2 Marathon Logo. I really love it, even more than the check.
I am very tired and very sore. I am drinking red wine and having a big steak for dinner.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome, job well done!
Congratulations!
Great job! I'm so impressed! I still think you're a freak of nature, but in a good way! ;) The painting is cool too--much more memorable than the check, although that's nice too. Now all you need is a sponsor!
Post a Comment