V - what a great idea to do a triathlon in legs! I can't commit to this though, and here's why.... I will be in the midst of training... gasp... for the New York City Triathlon on July 20. I told you guys I was toying with it.... I honestly don't know what I'm thinking - how I think I'm going to do this... but, somehow, it feels right!
It's funny - registration opened today at 12:01 am - when I checked the site at 7am - there were only 500 slots left. I had hoped to get in a pool once before deciding to go for it... but, there was just no time to debate. I just decided to go for it. Registration was full within 14 hours. Stunning.
So, I'm in. And, there's no transfers. And, no refunds.
25 miles on a bike (note to self: need a bike), 1 mile swim and 6 mile run..... it's ridiculous and I can't wait to start training. And, maybe I'll meet a man....! Seems like a lot of dudes do triathlons. Though, I suppose it's hard to strike up conversation while swimming in the Hudson....!!!
Welp, now I'll have tons to talk to you guys about!!!! Cathy
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cathy,
What a goal! You know Christmas is coming soon. You could feel like a kid again if you find a bike with a big red bow under the tree! As long as you have room for it in your apartment that is. Also, I thought you had found an English man. Has he been kicked to the curb?
Christy
That's so exciting. I may consider doing a tri if I don't get into the Accent this spring.
WOW! Congratulations. I am jealous of your excitement. I have hooked up with a tri store here that runs group workouts (another post I have been holding out on). They may convince me to try a sprint this spring. That said, I am excited about the relay idea.
V
Yep, Christy, sad to say British dude had to be sent on his way (this week). I'm bummed about it and probably this is why I just decided to throw myself into the Tri. I want to have something to focus on. Ugh. Breaking up sucks. BUT - i swim tomorrow for the first time. I have a new racing swimsuit and goggles and a swimcap and so, that's something. Thanks for remembering and thanks for asking. C
Post a Comment