Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm in

I'm so sorry to hear that Cathy is injured and won't be able to run. That sucks, but maybe she'll still come so we can all meet her! (Hint, hint!)

So here's my big news: I'm in. Angie was so generous to offer to transfer her registration to me. She swore to me that she would rather be Team Mom and says her brand-new camera will come in handy!

Once I decided to run it, I also decided to get off the treadmill and run outside, even if I melt. I swear it feels like I'm running through water. And I'm convinced sunscreen makes me hotter, but I've got to suck it up. Building mileage in this heat and humidity isn't going to be fun, but I'm counting on a cold October morning! Watch it be 80 degrees!

No definite time goals, but I put down 2 hrs on my registration. I'm confident I could do that now, so my actual goal will be to finish under that. I'm not racing it though, especially without music. I'd rather spend my first big race looking around and enjoying myself rather than focusing on the clock.

3 comments:

Vianne said...

YEAH! You have come a long way back. It will be a great weekend. No worries about time, just enjoy one of the most beautiful and energy-filled courses.

I have been trying to acclimate a bit before moving to VA. I have been running at the hottest part of the day. I can do it, but my times suffer. It is amazing how different 5 miles can be depending on weather.

Cathy said...

I'm very excited to hear you are running - good luck!!!!
I am not coming for the race - it would just make me sad to be there and not run it....

4HB ME said...

Congrats on getting in! I'm a bit jealous, but plan to be there to cheer you on!