Whew. I just finished 5 miles in one hour. That included a stretch break, one drink break, and walking the last 1/2 mile (just too darn hot) so I figure my actual pace was about 10 minutes. I'm happy with that.
All over the radio they're talking about how it's going to be "hot, but dry" all weekend. We're headed for 95 degrees today. Everyone's thrilled about the "low humidity". They call 70% low humidity! I call that a sauna.
I've been nursing some pain in my little toes on my left foot. It's nerve pain, and I think I've figured out the problem. I iced them yesterday (a big accomplishment for me since I hate being cold and using ice is torture for me), switched socks and switched to new shoes. None of those things helped though. The pain didn't come on today until about mile 3.5, so at least it held off longer. What did help was focusing on keeping my weight on the inside of my foot and on my big toe when I landed. Pain went away immediately.
I'm terrified of injuries and want this fixed before it becomes one. I know what it's like to take a pause and how hard it is to come back. I'm not sure if this is a cure or a treatment. I'm not sure I can physically manipulate my gait long-term. I also don't want to compensate and cause another injury. I'm wondering if I need an orthotic to keep my foot from rolling. We're going to town (yes, I sound like a pioneer) next week and stopping by the specialty store where I bought my shoes. They focus on triathlons. My husband is getting his bikes tuned up and I'll see if they can tune up my feet. I don't want to go to a dr. I'd love to go to a PT, but that would require a dr's visit for a referral. I already spend way too much time at the hospital.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
E,
Have you tried SOLE insoles? It was a little hard to pay $45 on top of the $100 trail running shoes I have only worn a handful of times, but they are well worth it (...I hope... I could better tell you after my 13 miles tomorrow). They have a website, you should check them out. You heat them up in the oven and then mold them to your foot. Can reheat 5 times and last a year. Too cool!
Post a Comment