Sunday, June 3, 2007

Tomorrow's the day

Tomorrow's the day I start my comeback. Well, maybe it is. I haven't run in about a month, and for a few weeks before that, I was only running 6-10 miles/week, slowly. I need to get back out there though. I've actually lost 3 lbs (only 2 lbs away from my wedding weight!), but my clothes are tighter, so I know it's just a shift from losing muscle and gaining fat.

The kids are in Bible School all week, so I have childcare. I'm still a bit anemic though. I occasionally get lightheaded when I go upstairs or when I'm on my feet for a while. Yesterday was the first day I haven't had a headache in 3 weeks, so I'm hoping that's a sign my hormones are getting back to normal. If I have to walk, I will. I'm going to the gym and using the treadmill--don't want to be on a trail by myself and pass out or anything. Plus it's too darn hot for outside running! 90 degrees yesterday.

I played soccer with my son on Thursday, and just that 15 minutes of running made me sore. I don't look forward to how I'll feel tomorrow! I changed the song again. This is one of my motivation songs. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you how it went tomorrow, and not be in the ER! (That was a joke--I won't push myself)

1 comment:

Vianne said...

I hope today went well. I know I don't have to remind you to have patience. Coming back sucks. We're here for you.