I did it! I'm back and I feel like the ball in Pong. I am literally bouncing, just not off the walls. Life threw some obstacles my way, but I was determined. I got up late (my bed was just perfect this morning), my husband and I swapped cars this morning so all my running stuff was in my running bag which always stays in my car. Thankfully, I keep my iPod in my purse. I had to make a U-turn to come back for my headphones and I forgot my water which is also always in my car, but I still went.
My goal was 3 miles, however slowly I had to go. I turned my music up much louder than I should and did a good warmup and stretch. I set the treadmill for 12 minute pace and felt so good after a mile that I could barely keep from cranking it up. Baby steps though. Mr. M was in front of me. He runs the swimming pool and is a swim coach. I'm guessing he used to be a drill sergeant based on his booming voice, and he's in great shape. He was running at my pace, so I drafted off him and chased him the whole time (visualization is powerful). Granted, he had already gone 5.5 miles by the time I started, but still. I did turn it up a bit during the last 1/2 mile for a little kick, but it's a good thing I was on the treadmill. If I'd have been outdoors, I wouldn't have been able to pull back on the reins and I would have hurt myself.
I felt so good I even lifted arms, shoulders, back and abs. I don't look forward to how I'll feel tomorrow, but right now I feel great! All the personal trainers PCS'd so I had the gym all to myself! I'm glad to learn that I didn't lose as much fitness as I expected. You don't know how good it felt to put 55# on the ab machine and do some crunches, and 100# on the back extension machine. Not terribly impressive numbers, but it's where I left off so I'm thrilled. I didn't try the pull-up assist. I didn't want to discourage myself!
So now I need to find a productive outlet for all this energy. There's got to be something to clean around here. Maybe I'll move my entertainment armoire and vacuum behind it.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so happy for you. I am smiling from ear to ear. What a fabulous feeling and a huge relief. I wish I could see your face when you are that high from a work out. Be prepared for tomorrow and remember how sore can be a good feeling.
Love, V
I actually feel pretty good today. My knees ache a bit when I walk upstairs and my hip flexors are a bit sore, but otherwise I don't have any muscle soreness. Tomorrow I'm going to try my hilly course and see if it kicks my butt. We'll be at 105 heat index by the weekend so I need to get any outdoor running in now.
Post a Comment