
Just check my e-mail and voila, there was my Race Number for next weekend. I then checked the Start Line Area map and found that I am in the green section of wave 1. This made my heart beat a little faster as I screamed "What the @!*%?" in my mind. How in the world was I placed in the second section of wave 1 with, what I assume are, the fastest runners? I know that I don't belong here. Then I remembered... when I registered, I had put in an incorrect approximate finish time and had sent an email right away correcting it. I am guessing that they never received or change that original time. So, what do I do? Do I stay in the green section and be a roadblock for all of the people actually racing? Or, am I allowed to move myself back into the orange or purple areas (wave 3, aka the slowest group)? They don't cover this issue in the race etiquette guide.
1 comment:
Christy,
Shelley did this exact thing for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon. She accidently registered for a time that put her with the ELITES! Oops! We gave her shit about it all weekend.
You can always move back, never up. You will see people try to move ahead of where they are placed. Definite no no. Lots of people register for a faster time knowing that they can always fall back to a slower corral if their training doesn't go as well as planned or they get injured. The best thing to do is register for what you think you could do on a perfect day with perfect training and then line with integrity.
Post a Comment