Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Welcome back Cathy! It's good to hear you're starting to run again. What's your stretching plan?

I wish I could run. I don't miss the work, but I do miss the feeling of accomplishment and how good I feel when it's over. And I swear, all the local radio stations are out to torture me. They're constantly playing my running music! The weather is perfect for running too.

To make things harder, my hubby is in super-training-mode. Now that he's got the time, he wants to get back in shape. Not that he ever got out of it, but he thinks he did. At least I get the bed to myself for an hour in the morning!

A buddy talked him into running a 5K for charity. I said I'd go watch, but I'd have to be there at 7 on a Saturday morning, and that's just way too early if I'm not running! He doesn't care if I go--a 5K is just a warmup for him, not an accomplishment. So why surround myself with the temptation? The kids would have fun seeing him though.

That was the best part about the last 5K I did. The kids met me half a mile out from the finish line and started running with me down the sidewalk! It was so cute! And they thought it was so cool that I ran a race. I can't wait to have more moments like that in the future.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Ok, seeing the guys get back from that race, now I'm more jealous than ever!!! And then Fred told me that the best woman runner was just a little behind him, so I know we could have done it.

Now here I sit, eating the Hardees he brought back for me and doing laundry. What a great work out! Being pregnant is such a downer sometimes.