Friday, July 18, 2008

My next race....

I am doing a really cool race on August 31 sponsored by Nike. I wonder if you guys have heard of it?? It's called the Nike Human Race - and hundreds of thousands of runners in 25 cities across the world run at approx the same time to benefit one of three charities. You have to wear your race shirt - so from the pictures on the website - it's an overwhelming sight to see thousands of people running together. Kinda awe-inspiring. And, just what I needed to get back into the swing of things!

In New York, the race is twice around Randall's Island (10k) - which I've never been to! At the finish of the race (starts at 6pm and you MUST be done by 7:30), there will be a free concert in each of the cities - for New York, it's the All American Rejects - which I'm told is a very cool band...!

This week, I've taken a really hard look at why I thought I wanted to do a tri. What I got out of training for one (a lot) and what I actually liked about it. I haven't come to any conclusions yet. But, I know this much - I got into all of this stuff two years back because I like running. I just really do.

And, this week, I'm back to enjoying the training! I have been in the gym every day - and just running and lifting and cross training....

So that's where I am. Hope all's well with you girls! Cathy

No comments: