I just caught up on the blog and all I can say is, "WOW!" to all of the events as of late. Cathy, I applaud you on realizing and making the decision that you did. I know that it wasn't and easy one. I will still be rooting for you next year! Rachel, the race is a wonderful dedication to your dad. And, I will probably be writing with lots of bike questions in the near future. People around here ride bikes like crazy, so I am hoping for one under the Christmas tree in December. I will just need to help Santa make the right choice. And, V, what a perfect job for you. I remember your running classes in Vilseck and believe that you will be a fabulous trainer. I just wish that I were close enough to take advantage of your skills.
I have been making my way to the gym or outside at least three days a week and usually once on the weekend. This week has set me back a bit because I have been extremely sick with a cold that has kicked my ass. I haven't been able to breath because my nose is so stuffed up (not to mention the growing person beginning to press on my lungs) and I felt so bad on Thursday that I stayed in bed, quite literally, all day. I feel much better today, so I am planning on making a stop at the gym tomorrow. I really need to combat some of the cellulite that has decided to appear on my thighs and butt as well as work on keeping my bottom from spreading too much in the next three months. Additionally, I am hoping that working out will help me avoid too much water retention and swollen ankles and feet.
So, since I wasn't up to working out, I decided to look into buying a few new pieces of clothing to get me through the next six months, hopefully after six months I will be able to fit back into my old workout gear. I sat down at the computer all excited because Beth had sent a maternity t-shirt from Adidas. I love their running clothes, so I thought "Sweet! This should be easy." Oh, how wrong I was. Adidas USED to make maternity clothes, but they no longer do. Same goes for Nike. I guess that the maternity fitness business was not all that lucrative. I tried Gap, Old Navy, Target, Dicks, JC Penny, Macy's, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Mimi, Motherhood, and Kohls and then finally did a Google search. All of the results went back to the same brand, Born Fit, for anything other than yoga wear. So, I broke down and spent WAY too much for two short sleeved tees, two skorts, and a long sleeved tee. But, I figure that they will be worth my sanity and comfort, not to mention the health benefits attached to continuing to work out. (I really don't like cotton t-shirts, which have been my only option the past couple of months. Plus, my shorts are becoming too tight even under my belly, either that or they hang down way too far to be comfortable.)
All-in-all my workouts are pretty boring, just a combo of back and leg exercises to target all areas. I am really trying to get the muscle tone back in my arms and, again, work on the butt thing. I have also picked up a few extras by watching other gals at the gym. Like weighted side bends for instance. And, I also started doing dead lifts (I think that's what they're called) to strengthen my lower back. Which, I am pretty sure are helping with the aches and pains that I was beginning to feel in that area. Now, I am just hoping that all I am reading about feeling bad during the last few months doesn't necessarily hold true. I am really determined to keep up this workout routine and will be really disappointed if I can't.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Christy-
Title 9 sports has a few pieces of maternity work out clothes that I found comfortable. Their site is www.titleninesports.com
Good luck!
Title Nine is actually one of the two places I ordered from. I have several pieces from their "regular" collection and I love them. I highly recommend this company to all active women out there.
Didn't I send you my maternity work out pants? I still have some more stuff to send you but no more work out stuff. Good Luck finding maternity gear...
Yes, I have three or four pair of pants and some capris too; they will come in very handy in the fall and winter. I just can't do the pants thing in the summer...too hot.
Title 9 used to carry maternity shorts - maybe you can find them online on ebay? Also, www.motherwear.com has some maternity items and lots of nursing shirts, etc.
I never wore maternity workout wear. I just bought larger sizes of normal workout clothes. God bless spandex ...all my shorts and swimsuits grew with me. :) I of course had to buy new after but kept all the stretched out stuff for the next time.
Keep up the workouts. You actually feel better and have more energy than if you didn't (I can't imagine what those women have to feel like).
p.s. I would love to put in a Santa order for you. :)
Post a Comment