I appreciated hearing how you guys struggled through the past few days too... and, how you too are looking forward to the return of the routine. I did manage to rebound a bit this week - worked out the past four days - swimming, biking, running and then, my new favorite - the stairway to nowhere! i love that thing so much.
Anyway - I've been wearing my heart rate monitor and - I really need to figure out my ranges. When I wake up in the morning - it's 82 (i don't sleep with it on - don't worry - i'm not THAT into fitness!). Then, I got to the gym - it was a brick day - so bike and run. For the whole bike ride, I was about 162. I know this because - and this is cool - my heart rate monitor somehow talks to my bike and it displayed on it - I didn't have to look at the watch! Here's what's not cool - my heart rate monitor also talks to all the machines in the vicinity - so, there's my heart rate - 162 on the bike beside me, the other bike, the other one too (and, they were all occupied...). Ugh.
Anyway - so I get off the bike and go to the treadmill - and my heart rate went up to 180 and stayed there the whole run. That seems high. Can someone tell me how to interpret this stuff? I can't understand the book it came with. And, I have a masters degree from Columbia.
V - you can't judge this town by the traffic this time of year. I LOATHE the city from dec 2 to jan 2. If I could, I would leave for the month... terrible. I think you'd like the run around central park. Next time you're here, you must let me know!!
Now that ms angie is in New York too (albeit far away from me) we should plan a get together! New baby john comes in March - so maybe a spring visit!?
And, V - I would buy a cookbook!! You need to market it!
Ok - off to a new year's eve party -- guess where? the british consulate's residence! (no connection to former british beau- just random coincidence!).
We all have a lot of big goals for 08 - I look forward to helping each other reach them! Love C
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cathy,
The heart rate thing can be confusing. 82 sounds high in the morning. Are you taking it before you get up, even before you get up to pee? 162 sounds about right depending on several things. 180 is high. Before I can help, though, I have to know how old you are. Let me know if 82 is really right for resting and your age and I will figure your numbers for you. It would also help to have your max number. You can find that one by sprinting all out for about a 1/4 mile and note your highest heart rate. rest and then do it again and at least one more time and see if that number gets any higher. Take the highest reading you get. It should be fairly close. You can also get your resting number by getting comfortable on the couch and watch a movie. You should come within ballpark, as long as you are not up and down.
I am sure your city is more nuts than ever during the holidays. If I lived there, I wouldn't even have a car. Public transportation for me! As much as I would love to visit this spring, I have a marathon in March, a trip to KS, 2 more races late spring, a trip to TX all ending with a move in June. There are lots of tri opportunities in western TX, come see me. I'll do one with you.
I'll let you know about the cookbook. I already have 200 recipes, just off the top of my head.
Post a Comment