Thursday, December 13, 2007

You Can Have Your Cake and Eat It To!

Ladies, do I have a treat for you...

I box of chocolate cake mix (I used German Chocolate)
I can pumpkin
3/4 cup itty bitty chocolate chips

Mix all together and bake in a 8X8 or 9X9 pan at 350 for about 25-30 minutes. It will not make two round cake pans. More like a small sheet cake.

Deluxe Version:

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 can pumpkin
3/4 cup itty bitty chocolate chips
1/2 can of sugar free cherry pie filling

Mix all together and bake closer to 30 minutes (maybe a bit more). Do the clean knife thing.

Top with:

1 1/2 cup splenda
3 Tablespoons skim milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
Wisk together and drizzle over cool cake.

Serve with a little left over pie filling. Ta da!

1 comment:

Roxxi said...

V- I came across your site and I was very excited to find this recipe!! I own a cake business and I am always looking for healthier cake recipes!! I have been doing a lot of eggless and now I am going to have to try yours! Feel free to share as many recipes as you wouold like!:0)

Roxxi