Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gag Me With the Fabulous Weather!

I know that's what your thinking...but not me!

I did my run today at the beach in a sports bra and shorts! I do not miss the German winter at all!

I am getting over my 4th cold in 6 months, so I am thinking I may have allergies here. Very annoying, but still worth it for the weather. I ran through my sniffles, anyway. I pushed off my speed work until today, hoping I felt better. Well, who could feel bad at the beach? So, I ran hard. I did 6 miles total, with a fast 5. I will take the next 2 days off from running so I am fully rested for my long run of 16 miles on Saturday.

I have been really bored in the gym lately and so I have slacked off. I was doing a pretty good circuit prior to the OBX race, but I had a different focus. This is technically off season, although my marathon in only 13 weeks away. I have always done a pretty good job of training myself, but I am bored and to be honest, I work hard to plan my training for running and I am just not enthused enough these days to plan my gym time. It probably has something to do with the gym itself. It is a fabulous gym, but the people are not very social. I don't need a conversation, but when you recognize the same people over and over at the same time, most people start to acknowledge each other. The guys seem fine, but the women are quite cool. Blah, blah, blah. So, I scheduled a session with a trainer for this Friday. That will be fun. I have watched her for some time and I like the way she trains. She does lots of functional training and circuit work. I will let her think for me. I will let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Christina/Christy/Chris said...

I am feeling you regarding the weather! I can not believe that it is Decemeber with the temps hitting 75-80 degrees. The problem lies in all of my winter clothes are too warm and I can't bring myself to wear shorts & flip flops...it just doesn't fell "right". But, it makes running outside great!

Cathy said...

I remember visiting Vilseck this time of year and it was brutal! Glad you have good weather here in the states!

As for unfriendly peeps at the gym, yeah, it was an adjustment coming from the DC YMCA to a NYC uber-gym. No one talks to anyone. Unless to say you've been on the machine too long or pointing out some other thing you've done wrong. I think it's probably why I was so surprised by running outside and running races - there's a real feeling of community there that's just plain absent in a NYC gym.

Bet the trainer does help with making it more social.