Thursday, December 27, 2007

Eating Crow (since I've eaten everything else in sight)

Please feel free to reference all of my previous posts about will power and planning and good choices.... I ate everything but Santa over christmas (I even ate the cookies we left out for Santa - he's probably pissed). Seriously? I had every good intention. I made V's cake - but then couldn't carry it because my suitcase jammed full of gifts. I shoved my sportsbra in my suitcase, but that is where is stayed for the past three days. I did try to bench press baby fred once or twice - but that baby is two-thirds spit - and so, this quickly was shown to be a bad idea. So, I just ate. I ate like it was a competitive sport. I switched my train so I could cram in one more meal.
And, this morning, back home in NYC, I saw what not working out (I was sick for the past week) and eating like I am about to hibernate gets you.... I went to weight watchers before work and fyi? I gained. Big time. But, I will tell you this: I'm proud of me that I got on that scale and faced it. I am back on program. I feel good enough to start working out again. Angie gave me her heart rate monitor. And, today's a new day.

Hope you all had a good Christmas! Cathy

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Cathy, You are so funny. I am on your Holiday diet plan as well, this morning for breakfast, my leftover Cheesecake Factory Adam's Peanut butter Fudge Ripple Cheesecake, yum!

Did I mention I got to the gym the day after we got here (that was Monday) ...only one week left.

Chris discovered the outside fridge is full of soda and chocolate bars :) yum! and I dont see the gym thing happening any time soon, oh well, it will give me something to do this spring (how long it will take to lose all the weight -but peace in knowing I will lose it).

To all a safe and healthly new year! Rachel

E said...

I'm failing too, but I see a break coming. I've been fighting a cold for about two weeks and it's about to take me over. Nothing kills the appetite like illness. I did go on a walk though. I'm also going to eat out more so I eat healthier. Don't hear that logic very often. Only 9 more days of fighting the food...

Vianne said...

Cathy, you make me laugh. I hate your city. The traffic is terrible. So, I had plenty of time to look out the window and wonder which apartment was yours. I knew you weren't there as I was sitting in what felt like a stalled car with 5000 of my new best friends. It amazes me how some people are just indignant over the inconvenience and some act like it is a great opportunity to touch up make-up, reconnect with long lost family by cell phone or maybe even use the car as a virtual office. Afterall, no need to worry about safety, we are only moving 5 miles as hour!

No matter, one day I hope we meet in person. Can I recommend a city?