I have submitted my name to the lottery for the New York City Half Marathon on August 5. I find out tomorrow if my name was chosen.... then I have precisely eleven weeks to learn how to run 13.1 miles!!!! Oh lord.
I've been running lately - but, it's funny, I'm avoiding hills at all costs. I run only around the reservoir in central park - NO HILLS! This past week, though, my sometime running buddy, Sue said "that's it - no more - you're getting off the flats..." So, seriously? I thought I was going to die. It's funny how your body gets used to running horizontally. There are some brutal hills in Central Park. But, we did it. And, good thing too.... if I'm selected to run the half marathon -the course is one and a half times around central park then goes down through times square and along the hudson, ending in Battery Park City (wall street area). The first eight miles are very rough with hills - but the last five miles are flat and down hill...
I really hope I get selected. I want the challenge of this - and I think there's no better way to see your City than running through it... I'll let you know tomorrow!
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah for you! You know, if I don't have a race scheduled, I start losing my motivation. I mean, really, why do this week after week, if there is no T-shirt at the end? That and ice cream!
Post a Comment