If I haven't made it known already, I hate running. But I've been doing it exclusively for my cardio sessions b/c it's so effective. And it's very easy to quantify your progress, unlike spinning or various types of aerobics. Well, I ran 4 miles today! That is the furthest I've ever gone without stopping. I realize that may be hilarious to some of you, but it's a milestone for me. My last distance run was 3 miles at a 12 minute pace (it's a jog, really - brisk walk for people with long legs). I made it to 4 miles at an 11.5 minute pace. For me, that is unbelievable progress! I really felt ok, too! I started my cool down mainly because I wasn't sure what to do with myself at that point. It's out of the realm of possibilities that I could go further than 4 miles!
The funny part is my iPod was dead. Torture to run without music, right?! My friend got on the treadmill next to me and we chatted the whole time. I wasn't dwelling on how much it sucks to be running and the four miles ticked off pretty quickly! May be on to something there.
There's a 10K @ USMA next month. Could I run 6 by then????????
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go! I'm sure you could easily run 6 next month. You'd be surprised how far you can go when your mind doesn't play games and get in the way of your progress.
Post a Comment