Thursday, April 16, 2009

My training program said to run 3 miles today. That didn't seem like enough, but Hal's the expert so I'll do what he says. Since adding mileage wasn't on the agenda, I decided to practice pacing. I found out that I suck at it. According to my Garmin, I run like a 16-year-old learning to drive a stick. Something to work on...

Here's something you may be interested in. My friend told me about www.motiontraxx.com. I haven't used it yet, but she swears by it. They have free podcasts of running music. The guy picks songs based on the beats/minute, and tells you how far you should have gone and at what pace if you run the whole podcast and stay with the beat. My friend likes it because she can use it to judge her distance/pace and still zone out. According to the site, the music is all dance music and a lot of the songs don't have words. I might not like that part.

No comments: