Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quarter Marathon?

I went 6.5 miles. My longest ever. And it was OUTSIDE. I'm way proud, but bow down to E, V and others who do this all the time and have 1/2's and full's under their belts and on the horizon. The 2-mile course I used was along the river and is broken up into just the right chunks so that each piece is doable just one more time, and again and a third time, then another 1/2 mile for good measure. I went by myself w/music this time and really enjoyed the solitude. I ran to a looping album of Carrie Underwood, of all things! It was a beautiful evening. I may have enjoyed parts of the run. Weird! I find running outside physically harder, but so much less monotonous than the treadmill! The extra effort is worth not being bored to tears and watching the miles slooooooowly tick away.

Going shorter and faster tomorrow.

Ryan is doing his first full marathon at the Potomac River Run May 3rd. Kids and I will be there, but just cheerleading.

1 comment:

E said...

Don't give me more credit than I deserve--7 miles is the longest I've ever gone. Running outside is a million times better than the treadmill, although if you have a good tv show to watch it can go by pretty quick. I like being able to drive along my running route and think, wow, that's far!

Congrats on the run and now you know you can do a 10K! Good luck to Ryan and enjoy the trip!