Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I watched Biggest Loser tonight and have what might be a dumb question. What are they always wearing on their upper arms? Not a pedometer or iPod. Or if it's an iPod, they wear it all day long with no earbuds. Heart rate monitor? Calorie counter?

I'm doing a 5K this weekend. Was kind of a last minute sign up. I haven't decided if I'll run hard or not. Saturday is supposed to be my rest day so I'm not following my plan very well. 4 of my friends are doing it, but they're either walking or run/walking it. I don't want to go that slow. It will be nice to run with a group, even if they're all strangers.

5 comments:

ABW said...

body bugg, I think that's what it is called. They are all the rage at our gym now. They are pretty expensive and then I think the computer program is an additional cost. I'm too cheap!

E said...

What does it do?

ABW said...

I think it shows how many calories they burn, etc., a high tech HRM. Then they can upload the information into the computer program which costs per month and they can see what they are burning off, etc. Who has time for that?

E said...

I'd probably get addicted to that and be broke!

ABW said...

It has to be cheaper than my personal training habit!