I trust everyone had a great holiday. I got a fabulous gift and it wasn't planned by anyone. I have a neighbor who is a geo bachelor. His wife came to visit for the holidays and she is a runner. Her husband introduced us and we planned a 10 mile run on the 21st. At first I was concerned that we wouldn't have anything to talk about. She is younger than me, no children, not married very long and so focused on career that she doesn't live with her husband. I was so pleasantly surprised to find that we are so compatible in our running pace and distance and we never had any trouble with conversation. That was the easiest 10 miles I've run in ages. So we planned a second run for the following day. I feel like I'm dating.
Other than Christmas day and our quick trip to San Antonio, Mindy and I have run every day for not less than 8 miles. What a difference a partner makes! I am running consistently, logging mega miles, and feeling great. Just this week we will log 44 miles! If Mindy lived here, I would be registering for a marathon without a second thought. Unfortunately, she has to go back to her job on Monday. I might cry. No, for real, I didn't realize how much I miss running with a partner at least occasionally. Not only do I get my runs done and they are enjoyable, but I get girl time and an opportunity to talk out all those stupid things that occupy your head.
What do I do now? Run an ad in the paper? Pay Mindy to stay? Like I said, I got the greatest gift for Christmas...a running partner for two weeks.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Perhaps check with local sporting goods/running stores for names of running partners. The down side is it's like dating...you go through a lot of bad ones to find a good one. :)
Yes, the dating analogy is good. I half feel like V. is cheating on us!
Post a Comment